Thursday, November 5, 2009

Could AB System Spy be installed on my computer without physical access?

During recent spyware scan above (commercial, although I note a 30d free trial is available) was detected. I used Counterspy and Adware-SE, and only one other piece of spy ware (an adtracker) was found. I have downloaded couple of shareware programs recently, could it have invisibly installed via the .exe file? I didnt think commercial programs could be remotely installed like this however. The computer is standalone at home, windows XP, broadband connection, Mcafee Virus Check plus firewall (most recent) and above spyware detectors. Thanks



Could AB System Spy be installed on my computer without physical access?house call



It's possible, depending on the sophistication of the installer and how the program is written. Although this link is trying to sell it's own antispyware program, it has a really excellent overview of how spyware works.



http://www.pcmantra.com/Content/Routes-o...



Hope this helps.



plrr

No comments:

Post a Comment