Thursday, November 5, 2009

How can I make my SLOW computer a bit faster?

My computer is quite slow. I'd like to make it a bit faster if I can, as it is quite annoying, but I'm not sure how.



Its a Compaq, only 3 years old, with a 325 processor, 256 MB RAM, and 40 GB hard drive, however, about 2 years ago I had Geek Squad install some more memory - I forget how much. But it was a fair bit.



I don't have any unnecessary programs or games or anything. And I always save all my photos and Word documents onto SD disks so they don't take up any memory. I do have some music saved on my computer, but not a massive amount.



It's really slow when I want to do simple things like switch tabs on IE, open Start Menu, when it comes off screen saver etc. I do disk cleanups all the time and I defraged it not too long ago.



I shouldn't have any spyware or adware (I don't think?) as I have a good security program with virus %26 spyware protection, firewall and spam controls.



Is there anything (free) that I can do to speed it up a bit? Thanks for your help :)



How can I make my SLOW computer a bit faster?free spyware remobal



Take the money that you would spend upgrading that computer and use it to buy a new computer. A 325 MHz processor is worthless with modern apps. They make cell phones with faster processors and more memory than your computer. You can get a perfectly acceptable web surfing e-mailing machine from Dell for like $300.

No comments:

Post a Comment