Thursday, November 5, 2009

Firefox..?

Okay, so what exactly is firefox? Just another "safer" internet broswer? I heard it's free and more protected from spyware.....



So if u use it and IE(internet explorer) please tell me what's so great about firefox. And if u download it, u can switch btwn IE and Firefox whenever u want, right? Please and thank you!



Firefox..?antivirus downloads



It's another web browser. Some people like that it's supposed to be more secure - but if your PC is set up right %26 you use it wisely, there's no big difference in security.



I've tried IE, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari %26 Opera. I got the best performance from Opera. But I have now gone back to Internet Explorer (version 7). There are simply too many web pages that DO NOT WORK with other browsers. And I'm not talking about obscure sites - I'm talking about mainstream pages, like my (large national) bank's website.



You can download another browser %26 use more than 1, depending on whatever your criteria is. But you will have separate sets of bookmarks/favourites to maintain - and that's a pain.



This information is my opinion - based on 28 years writing software, 25 years as a computer owner, 20 years as a professional software developer/designer %26 10 years online.



Firefox..?cafe racer

No comments:

Post a Comment