Thursday, November 5, 2009

Which is the best anti virus for Windows Vista home premium on a laptop?

My laptop has 2 GB of RAM and loaded with Windows Vista home premium edition (32 bit). It has a McAfee trial edition installed on it (came with the new laptop only). I am connected to internet most of the time while working on my laptop. Off late, the system is running slow (even the basic applications) and shows some weird behavior. Though the McAfee scan shows no malicious items found, I am afraid my laptop has been infected.



Which antivirus is best for me? Also, please suggest some good Firewall and Spyware/busters too, which works with Vista (most importantly).



Free ones will be great to have, though I am willing to purchase one.



Which is the best anti virus for Windows Vista home premium on a laptop?kawasaki



Try NOD32 (www.eset.com), they had free version for home users and works on Vista. Norton 360 might be a bit slower, though you got enough RAM for it.



Windows firewall is usually enough for your security, just switch it on. Norton has a firewall on its own, but I kinda do not like it. Well, thats personal taste.



For anti-spyware, Try SuperAntiSpyware free edition, Spybot search and destroy is recommended by lots of people as well, though i wont use it myself on almost any conditions ;)



. For paid ones I would go for spyware doctor, counterspy or spyware sweeper.



Which is the best anti virus for Windows Vista home premium on a laptop?nortan antivirus

No comments:

Post a Comment