Monday, June 21, 2010

BT Total Broadband and Windows Firewall conflicts?

Hi, I have BT Total Broadband with the homehub which has the firewall set to the standard setting. My laptop is running like a dog and I was wondering if this is because there are conflicts with my Windows Firewall - but I don't want to turn it off without some advise first. I am running XP, Norton antivirus (I know everyone hates it and this is taking up resource, but I got 3 years free with my IBM laptop!!), Adaware SE Personal %26 Norton Spyware Scan.



Any thoughts!!



BT Total Broadband and Windows Firewall conflicts?auto protect



So you've been taking some crap about Norton? Good! haha! OK, so it was free...so is the much better and faster Avast.



Anyway, on your computer, only run ONE software firewall. I dont know the "homehub", but it sounds like an external box - in which case it is not hurting you. If it is software (program running on your computer), disable it and only run the windows firewall. Check out your exceptions tab and disable appropriately.



Try running ccleaner (.com) and winpatrol (.com) to speed yourself up.



BT Total Broadband and Windows Firewall conflicts?downloads



What does your laptop do? I don't think I fully understand your situation. Please explain better?
It's not the windows firewall do not turn it off the problem with your system is the Norton Antivirous take it off it's slowing your system to a halt. Bare in mind that Norton doesn't find viruses it only creates problems for your system as you can see. Avast is good but i have also just taken this off as it was conflicting my system making the start bar and all my icon's on the desktop dissapeared it was letting a vital virus in of which as been reported to Avast. Install Spybot, Adaware, and Avg version 7. Hope this helps..
Get rid of the Nortons.



PS, "advice" is spelt with a "c" and not an "s"
Download a free firewall from PCTools, switch off Windows Firewall and install the one that you have downloaded, see if that makes any difference

No comments:

Post a Comment