Monday, June 21, 2010

Computer Freeze :(?

i have a Microsoft Windows XP - Home edition, AMD Athalon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, 1.80GHz, 512mb RAM, 256mb ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card.



my computer freezes over 10 times a day, ive run lots of scans all ive found is tracking cookies. I have AVG free edition, Zonealarm security suite, Ad-Aware se personal, Spyware Doctor.



I dont noe wat im doing rong :(.........its really frustrating when it freezes... um cant thing of anything else i can tell u'ss



Computer Freeze :(?ariel



First, it would be nice to know what kind of freezing you're getting



There's quite a few



There's the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (horrific scream)



where a blue screen filled with words pops up basically telling you that your pc is f'd up.



There's the hardlock, where nothing works and it doesn't reboot it self



Then there's the softlock(I call it this, but call it what you will)



That's when the PC locks up for a short time, but recovers shortly.



First, I would monitor your computer temperatures... some computers lock themselves after reaching a certain temperature.. This could be because of the summer heat.



Second, I would run http://www.memtest86.com/



that checks if your memory is faulty



I've seen faulty memory cause lockups many-a-time!



Third, I would upgrade ALL of your drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment