Monday, October 19, 2009

My broswer redirects, Can you help me fix it?

My broswer (IE7) has been hijacjed to redirect to other websites when I try to visit a website from a search engine. It does not do that whne I type in the web address.



It will go twice to other sites and on the third try it goes to the website I want. It goes to btcar, shopping.com, and other sites by redirecting. I have run two different spyware programs and a couple more free scan from the internet, but it has not been found. Hijack This doesn't work either.



Any help is greatly appreciated.



My broswer redirects, Can you help me fix it?norton antivirus



I would check your connection settings to make sure you don't have a rogue proxy handling your connections. Look at your task manager for any task that seems suspicious.



Start %26gt; Run %26gt; MSCONFIG



go to Startup tab and uncheck anything that is not necessary.



go to Services tab, check Hide All Microsoft Services at the bottom and then go through the list and uncheck anything that is not needed there. Apply and OK but don't restart.



You can then search your registry for whatever website you are being redirected too and delete that or replace it with something like google or yahoo.



Install FireFox



Also, Spybot, AdAware, Avast or AVG, Microsoft Defender and then run all of those... after that, try running HiJackThis again and see what it detects.



My broswer redirects, Can you help me fix it?security



I agree with ilan but you also need spywareblaster ,a free program which will prevent spyware from getting into you PC in the first place. Be sure to update and set up IE to prevent ad/tracking cookies and the installation of active x spyware.
http://www.safer-networking.org Spybot S%26D will cure this issue. This is a typical adware infection. You should have AVG also, scanning your computer periodically prevents these things from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment