Monday, October 19, 2009

Problems shutting down my laptop?

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 that is less than a year old. I have all the latest Microsoft updates, and I have McAfee and other virus and spyware programs. My computer is virus-free. It seems to run fine until I try to shut it down. It freezes (about 60% of the time) when it gets to the point "windows is shutting down" I can't even just press the power button. I have to unplug it and take out the battery to get the computer to shut off. Any suggestions on what's wrong??



Problems shutting down my laptop?nortan



What Operating system are you using? XP? There is probably something that is constantly running in the background and refuses to close.



Sounds like you are on the right track: Virus scan, Spyware programs.



Here's a side trick. Hold your power button down for about 10 seconds. it should shut off your computer/laptop



Problems shutting down my laptop?noton



try going through your startup menu under msconfig though run
just hold down the off button until it turns off or see the manual if not go to radio shack or something, stores where they"ll help you ya"know
Hi,



I had the same problem before. I can tell you that if you hold the power button down for about 5-7 seconds it will shutdown with out unplugging and taking out the battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment