Monday, October 19, 2009

My PC has been infected by ABEBOT. Would reformatng the Hard Drive cure the problem?

One of the FREESERVE users in my area infected my PC with ABEBOT. From a net-surf, I read this affects the REGISTRY of the PC. and so is difficult to fix. Reformating the Hard Drive MAY be an option but I would like to have this move confirmed before losing all the data on the PC.



As an alternative I could do a FULL-install of the XP OS again losing infoirmation, but would this eliminate the virus?



Running AVG and Spybot leaves the problem uncleared so someone, somewhere wants really wants to see what I get up to!!



One story, (I read) is that a concern named PC- Spyware "offers" it's services for free but then reqests payment after one has downloaded it's particular application (The usual nonsense) after which it's "footprint" remains even when the application is uninstalled but leaves sufficient of of itself behind to ATTRACT the ABEBOT virus!! The concern then "offers" itself as a solution with endless popups to cure the problem. Can this be true?)



My PC has been infected by ABEBOT. Would reformatng the Hard Drive cure the problem?internet security software



formatting for a virus sounds a bit OTT,,,try downloading CCleaner(free) and clear issues,,,



you could if havent already download yahoos searchbar which has a free scanner namely antispy...



either may solve the problem



i once had a similar virus which wouldnt leave and doing a system "restore"solved the problem....good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment