Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why has my computer slowed down of late?

Of late, I find that my computer's response time has considerably increased. This is so not only for downloading internet pages but also for invoking software that is residing on the computer itself (e.g. MS Word, Excel). It seems to take forever for loading MS Word or Excel. Similarly, on launching internt explorer, it takes a very long time to load even the homepage. (I may clarify that I have a broadband connection). This has happened over last week or ten days. What could be the possible reason? Only changes that I have made recently are that I have downloaded free AVG anti virus, anti spyware and anti rootkit softwares. Are these responsible for my computer becoming slow?



Why has my computer slowed down of late?computer security



You have already got some good anwsers, but if you have a moment, please read through the following guide I put together. Sometimes the exact cause of a computer slowdown can be difficult to pin down.



A slow computer can be caused by many things, but there are a few key areas you can easily work on yourself to speed your computer up. To start, make sure you have enough memory (RAM) installed to run Windows and all of your applications correctly. I made a step-by-step guide to help you determine how much memory you have installed, and how to upgrade it if necessary:



http://www.fix-my-slow-computer.com/memo...

No comments:

Post a Comment