Monday, October 19, 2009

Ucleaner.com.my homepage got hijacked by this so called anti-virus and I need help?

has anybody had experience with ucleaner.com(ultimate cleaner 2007) hijacked my homepage and slows my computer not to mention fake threat warning pop ups every few minutes...very frustrating. Are there any anti-virus,anti-spyware programs I can download for free...appreciate any answers



Ucleaner.com.my homepage got hijacked by this so called anti-virus and I need help?network



Here is a removal procedure for Ultimate Cleaner:



http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t...



Since you got Ultimate Cleaner installed through a trojan, there's a good chance you also have more malware in your system than you know about. So I would suggest that run Superantispyware after running the removal procedure to get rid of any other malware that may have snuck in.



Superantispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/



After you have Superantispyware installed and run, use it to protect your home page from future hijacks like so:



Open Super %26gt; Main Menu %26gt; Preferences %26gt; Hi-Jack Protection %26gt; Where it says "Home Page Protection," type in your proper home page there. Then tick those two boxes and click close, close.



Your home page will now be protected against future hijackings.



Ucleaner.com.my homepage got hijacked by this so called anti-virus and I need help?norton

No comments:

Post a Comment